DECAL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Our wall decals are made using a peel and stick, polyester fabric material that can be installed on any flat, clean surface, then removed and reused many times over without leaving any adhesive residue. Our decals are easy to apply and remove, they will not shrink, rip or wrinkle. It’s a Class A or 1 fire rated, green, non-toxic and perfectly safe to use anywhere in your home.
Ensure painted surfaces have been primed with an undercoat plus 2 topcoats. We recommend avoiding walls painted with a Teflon based paint as this may reduce the adhesion of your decal. It is not recommended to use our decals on textured or porous surfaces like brick, cement, concrete, render etc. We suggest that you test the area for a couple of days first. Avoid placement above used fireplaces.
- Allow newly painted walls at a least 30 days to outgas before application.
- DO NOT use on bubbling paint.
- Surface must be clean, dry and free from dust, oils and grease
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO APPLY YOUR DECALS
- Damp soft cloth for cleaning the wall.
- Credit card wrapped in a soft cloth to be used as a squeegee (optional).
- An extra pair of hands for large decals
INSTALLING YOUR DECALS
- Clean wall with warm damp cloth & dry thoroughly with paper towel (do not use any cleaning products).
- Allow wall to completely dry before applying decal. Starting from a corner, gently peel the entire decal from the backing liner. Do not allow the adhesive backing to come into contact with anything other than the wall. Try to avoid the adhesive layer from folding onto itself, however if it does, you can separate it by carefully pulling it apart. It should not damage the decal or adhesive.
- Apply the decal very lightly to the wall to check positioning. If you are not happy with the decal position, gently remove and reposition. This can be done multiple times, however if the adhesive collects too much dust or dirt, it may become less effective.
- Once you are happy with the position, start smoothing the decal out. We recommend starting from the center and working out to the edges. A credit card wrapped in a soft cloth can be used as a squeegee, however this is not a requirement.
- Our decals can be overlapped, clustered, folded and cut without damaging the decals or your wall. If there are any bubbles or wrinkles present, you can lightly press or smooth them out, or just peel back that area and re-apply. If a bubble re-appears over the next day or two, pressing and lightly rubbing should remove it. Bubbles may continue to occur if oil, dirt, or dust has not been removed properly from the surface if the wall had been painted within 30 days of application or cleaning chemicals were used during preparation.
- Our decals are totally removable and reusable. If you wish to remove your decals, carefully peel them from the wall and re-apply to your backing liner.